Innovations in computer science and technology help the nation and the world grow. This is one of the main reasons why engineering is such a popular field of study for students who have completed their higher secondary education.
Rabindranath Tagore University offers courses in engineering that are updated regularly to keep up with the latest developments in the field. The faculty ensures that students get the chance to experience a balance between traditional forms of engineering and also learn about the latest developments in the field. Students are taught using a mix of classroom lectures and e-learning facilities. This way, the learning graphs of all students are taken into consideration. A university like RNTU does not only focus on academics but also on the overall personality development of the students.
Many engineering colleges in Bhopal do not focus on overall development, which is why we suggest choosing RNTU.
With engineering, students have the option to choose the branch that they are most interested in. Here are some of the branches of engineering that RNTU offers.
- Computer Science Engineering(CSE): CSE is a combination of computer science and computer engineering. It focuses on computer programming and networking that includes computation, algorithms and programming languages. It also includes designing computer hardware and software. The course is used for many aspects of engineering, including the design of microprocessors, PC, circuit designing and software development. Some of the courses offered by the department include; Polytechnic Diploma, B.E, M. Tech, M. Tech (SE).
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE): ECE involves the design, research and development of various equipment used in broadcasting and communication. It deals with microprocessors, analogue, transmissions, communication, basic electronics and wave progression. It also includes the manufacturing of electronic devices, circuits and communication equipment. Some of the courses offered by the department include B.E, M.Tech(VLSI) and M.Tech (Digital Communication).
- Civil Engineering: This is one of the oldest engineering courses offered by the university. It involves planning, designing, constructing, maintaining and supervising infrastructures like bridges, tunnels, buildings and highways. Buildings like airports also come under this stream of engineering. The department offers courses like Polytechnic Diploma and B.E.
- Mechanical Engineering: Also one of the oldest subjects of engineering, Mechanical Engineering deals with the design and manufacture of machines. The course focuses on a heavy knowledge of how machines work and how to design them. These machines include aircraft, automobiles, electric motors and heavy vehicles. Some courses offered by the department include Polytechnic Diploma, B.E and M.Tech in Production Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering: It deals with important applications of electronics like electromagnetism. After doing this course, engineers know how to and are part of designing electrical circuits and equipment that can be used in huge power plants. The course teaches a student designing, manufacturing and operating power plants. The study of all kinds of engines is included within the courses. Some of the courses offered under this stream include Polytechnic Diploma and B.E.
The career opportunities after graduation are endless in this field. Some great options that students can choose from are:-
- Mechanical engineer
- Ceramic engineer
- Production engineer
- Civil engineer
- Robotics engineer
- Chemical engineer
- Electronics and communication engineer
- Automobile engineer