Strategic Plan Document 2012-17
Based on the vision and mission of the University the plan eaters to the local as welL as national outlook as regards to higher education.
- Research : Establishing research facilities to build research culture and become a center for quality research.
- Skill : Provide boost to skill development and entrepreneurship.
- Accessibility & Affordable : Quality higher education for rural and weaker section of the society.
- Quality : Through good teachers, technology (ICT) and world class facilities.
- Finance : Breakeven within seven years without compromise on quality.
- Departmental Growth. : Start with conventional courses like engineering, management, education etc for intake of around 500 and 30 teachers take it to 4000 students & 250 teachers with emphasis on quality.
- Research : Establish industrial grade labs and software at cost of Rs. 2 Crores in first 3 years to facilitate doctoral research. Establish research centers of excellence in about 5 to 7 areas to take up research projects, create a Corpus of about 1 to 1.5 Crores by 5lh year to financially support research projects, patent and start ups with successive investment of Rs. 1 Crore per year.
- Cash in Flow/outflow : Quality higher education for rural and weaker section of the society.
|Source in Lakh
|Fees & Interest
Deficit will be made good by Bank loan and grant from the society. Plan is to arrive at Break - even in 6lh year.
- Skill :
To make skill delivery effective skill Academics to be opened progressively which will be available cutting across all disciplines starting with 2013. Every year the University will spend around 30-50 lakh per year on these academies.
- Accessibility :
The University will provide scholarship to deserving students from niral and weaker section to the tune of Rs. 50 lakh to 1 Crore every year.
- Facilities :
The library will grow at the rate of more than ten thousand books per year (Rs. 10-20 Lakh per year) an auditorium a central library, a central computer center a sports complex and hostel complex within first four years. All the teaching blocks will be independent entity with good connectivity, 10 such blocks in first five year.
Proposed Plan Highlights 2017-22
- New 5 PG Courses & 20 UG/Diploma/Certificate Courses
- New Departments Nursing, Pharmacy, Liberal Arts
- Distance Education Starting with 1000 student to take to 1 lakh in 5 years.
- Online Education- Center of Excellence
- Grow Student strength at rate of 40% for formal programmes
- Dual Degree Courses in at least 5 areas
- Off shore centers
- UGC approved Winter & Summer Course- At least 10 3 International Conferences
- Joint progammes with foreign collaboration
Infrastructure & Sports
- 4 New Education Block
- 1 Research Complex
- Increase Library Capacity
- Modern Incubation Center
- Girls hostel and Faculty Residential block
- Auditorium with the capacity of 1500
- Indoor games facility for badminton, basketball and table tennis
- Tennis Court, Squash Court
- Advanced Research Projects in Agriculture
- Research in Renewable Energy to develop marketable products
- Advanced Research Labs in IoT and Nano Technology to be augmented
- Research Collaboration with 10 organisations
- 12 B grants
- Research Projects worth 5-10 Crores
Labs & Library
- Set up Instrumentation Lab and take up industrial testing and calibration work
- Set up labs in Agriculture, Civil Engg and Electronics Depts to take up consultancy for industry and farmers
- Improve net connectivity to 5 Gbps and computers strength to 2000
- Books worth 1 Crores spread in 5 years
- Collaboration with minimum 10 Industries
- 20 new Skill Courses
- Consultancy work for 2 Crores