Center For Renewable Energy (CRE)
Director – Dr. A. K. Kurchania
- To facilitate research projects, innovative work and experiments in the field of energy.
- To develop facility for Skill development in solar photovoltaic and other RE systems.
- To create awareness on Energy conservation.
- To endeavor for Green campus.
- Installation of 10.5 kW wind-SPV hybrid rooftop system with battery back-up.
- MNRE identified Rabindranath Tagore University as only campus in MP to get Green campus grant of Rs. 5 lakh.
- A working model of hydroelectric power house made using scrap material. An actual model of Turbine runner also procured from BHEL.
- Director, CRE was awarded 1st prize by Kendriya Hindi Nideshalaya with cash award of Rs. 1 Lac on book ‘Naveekarniya Urja’.
Activities Highlight (2016-17)
- In-house training for the students for SKILL development for university as well as outside students.
- Training of Trainers for National Certification Program for Rooftop Solar Photovoltaic Installer Venue: New Delhi, Organized by: Skill Council for Green Jobs.
- A one day workshop on ‘Job Prospects in the Field of Solar PV Plants for Engineers’.
- Participation in Training of Trainers (TOT) for National Certification Program for Rooftop Solar Photovoltaic Installer on various topics at GERMI, Gujarat.
- Participation in ‘SOLARINSTALL’ at IIT Mumbai, conducted by kWatt Energy Pvt. Ltd.
- A 6 days training program on ‘Solar PV technology’, Venue: Pt. Ravi Shankar Shukla University, Raipur
- Delivery of expert lectures on Wind Energy and Energy Audit at Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM).
- Tripartite MOU signed with MNRE and IT Power, New Delhi for organizing workshop for developers in RE with an emphasis on Solar in MP, skill development, research, consultancy and paper writing.
CRE- Research Glimpses
Design & Fabrication Working Hydel
Model Power Model
Design & Fabrication of Working Dual Axis
Understanding Wind Power Variables
Seminar on Radiation Technology
Director CRE participating in PMRG, GoI meeting on Biogas & Compost & Production, as an Expert
ICAR- Bikaner felicitation of